Since launching our 70 Series manual & electric towing mirrors we have had lots of inquiries regarding the compatibility and installation. So below we have listed some Fitment Facts to answer your questions:
- All Taurus Towing Mirrors come with detailed step by step instructions
- Taurus Towing Mirrors for 70 series with it all models from 1984 to current.
- All 70 series with OE Strap mirrors does not require drilling for the manual Taurus Towing Mirrors. If you chose electric, then a 12mm hole will need to be drilled in the door panel for the wiring harness.
- Most 76 & 78 series do not have Strap mirrors and will require two holes drilled for the bottom of the Taurus Towing Mirror base and a third hole if you choose electric. If you don’t feel comfortable drilling holes in your door, we recommend a professional installer.
- Some earlier 70 series container a Quarter port window. When the Taurus Towing Mirrors are installed it may restrict opening that window port.
- The power adjustment controller will fit directly to dash blanking panel for late model 70 series. For earlier models we supply a supporting bracket to fit behind the blanking panel in the dash for a snug fit.
- In some 70 series from 2017 onwards, may require further drilling of the bolt holes to align with the base.
- Taurus Towing Mirrors with the Electric wiring harness will need to be hard wired to the vehicle, we do recommend the wiring be installed by a qualified auto electrician.
We hope this has help clear your questions, however if we
missed something, please email us and we will get back to you with the answer
Watch this space as we are finalising our video installation guide and will upload soon
Since the facelift model was released in 2012, the Isuzu D-Max has become one of the most popular caravan and toy haulers on the market. Is it because of its no nonsense appeal, its value for money or its never say die engine? Just ask any D-Max owner and I am sure they will tell you! The D-Max did [...]
Are your towing needs different, just looking for something different, or something closer to your original shaped mirror? Then the Taurus Towing Ute Series could be the answerOver the years we have heard many caravaners comments that the Clearview Mirrors or original Taurus Towing Mirrors stick our too far from the vehicle when we aren’t towing. This has been [...]
Here at Taurus Towing we have a great range of essential towing products including towbars, performance exhausts for Diesel 4WDs to improve fuel economy when towing, extendable towing mirrors which are vehicle specific and Clip-On towing mirrors. Clip-On mirrors are a fantastic, affordable towing mirror for short weekends away or when doing the Big Lap. They are aerodynamic and durable and [...]
The 70 Series Landcruiser is one of the most popular of Toyota’s 4WD vehicles. It was first produced in 1984 and is still one of the Toyota’s top sellers to the present day. It replaced the 25-year-old 40 Series as the off-road workhorse of the Land Cruiser heritage. These models from 1984 (HZJ/FZJ) to current VDJ Series now have the 4WD accessory every [...]
WHY YOU NEED TOWING MIRRORS WHEN TOWING A CARAVAN OR TRAILERDrivers towing large trailers like caravans and boats without mirrors wide enough for the driver to see past their trailer is extremely dangerous to them as well as other road users. It is against the law not to have sufficient vision of the road and traffic behind and to [...]