Since launching our 70 Series manual & electric towing mirrors we have had lots of inquiries regarding the compatibility and installation. So below we have listed some Fitment Facts to answer your questions:
- All Taurus Towing Mirrors come with detailed step by step instructions
- Taurus Towing Mirrors for 70 series with it all models from 1984 to current.
- All 70 series with OE Strap mirrors does not require drilling for the manual Taurus Towing Mirrors. If you chose electric, then a 12mm hole will need to be drilled in the door panel for the wiring harness.
- Most 76 & 78 series do not have Strap mirrors and will require two holes drilled for the bottom of the Taurus Towing Mirror base and a third hole if you choose electric. If you don’t feel comfortable drilling holes in your door, we recommend a professional installer.
- Some earlier 70 series container a Quarter port window. When the Taurus Towing Mirrors are installed it may restrict opening that window port.
- The power adjustment controller will fit directly to dash blanking panel for late model 70 series. For earlier models we supply a supporting bracket to fit behind the blanking panel in the dash for a snug fit.
- In some 70 series from 2017 onwards, may require further drilling of the bolt holes to align with the base.
- Taurus Towing Mirrors with the Electric wiring harness will need to be hard wired to the vehicle, we do recommend the wiring be installed by a qualified auto electrician.
We hope this has help clear your questions, however if we
missed something, please email us and we will get back to you with the answer
Watch this space as we are finalising our video installation guide and will upload soon